CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tears and Laughter, Joy and Sorrow, PART I

Rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep. Romans 12:15

I must say that the year of 2007 was packed full of events that spanned the range of emotions from Joy to Sorrow and everywhere in between. Christmas time last year was the culmination of all those events. On December 17, 2007, I got an emergency phone call from the nursing home about my daddy. He wasn't breathing well and they sent him to the hospital. By the time we reached the hospital with my mom, they had him on oxygen and said that he couldn't live without it. I left there and went to see my doctor because I was in the beginning stages of toxemia with my 4th child. He said that it was only getting worse and we needed to have a baby, a month early. I went back to the hospital to say goodbye to my daddy and then went to the Women's Center to have my baby girl. It was such a bittersweet day!!!

I say all of this as a background to Praise GOD! Because He has brought us through it all!!! He used new friends, old friends, family and strangers to bless my family during this time and in the previous months. Because of the wonderful husband and friends that He has blessed me with, I was able to spend many days and nights with my daddy in the hospital before he went to be with the Lord. My other 3 children were passed around from one friend to another. It was such a precious time and I loved being able to help take care of him. If I could have only given him some coffee and sausage and biscuits, he would have been happy!!!!! I love you and miss you Daddy!!! God, thank you so much for the blessing of family and friends and for Your love for me!!!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Gracie is so beautiful and has been such a blessing to us all. But most of all is the wonderful care that you and Jimmy give our Mother. You are the best, even if we did spoil you as a child.

LOL,
Paula