CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 24, 2008

Chicken and Dumplings

Emily wanted to hear about things we ate growing up and this is my all time favorite. My mom made the best homemade chicken and dumplings. Then my sister Paula ran a close second when Mom refused. They are a real pain in the rear end, but they are GREAT!!! We are having chicken and dumplings tonight. Yes, Mom made them because I am ashamed to say that at 42, I still don't know how. Don't know how to make homemade biscuits either. There are some benefits to having your mom live with you. Chicken and dumplings is one of them!!!

Speaking of Mom, she is a blessing most of the time. She either keeps me laughing or in tears. She is becoming more and more like a child. We allowed her to keep this little stray dog that wandered up, in the house none the less. I bathed her and got rid of the fleas and she's a good dog. Mom has named her Baby. I can't tell you how many times she has sang this today:

How much is that doggie in the window,
the one with the waggly tail.
How much is that doggie in the window,
That doggie is not for sale.

Then she looks at Baby and says, "No, your not for sale are you Baby!!" I have laughed and laughed. She even called my brother to tell him that she has a puppy. It is hard watching the roles reverse, but sometimes it is really funny!

Blessings,
Kim

1 comment:

John Parker said...

you forgot a in goat you said got